Slow-cooked Pulled turkey with Coca-Cola is an absolute family favorite! This delightful recipe is not only easy to make and quick to prepare but also incredibly delicious. With just 5 minutes of preparation, you can sit back and let the oven work its magic
I use my own hot spice mix to rub on the turkey breast, which includes brown sugar, smoked paprika, salt, chipotle chili, habanero, cayenne pepper, coriander, ginger, and cumin. If you have your own spice mix, you can use it. Alternatively, if you don’t want it spicy, you can just rub it with some salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. However, I strongly recommend using some smoked paprika or liquid smoke, as it adds that extra flavour.
If you want, you can make your own BBQ sauce. But usually I wanted to prepare it fast, so I use bottled BBQ sauce .
When making Pulled turkey with Coca-Cola, you need to use the original Coca-Cola and not diet or zero.
How to make Slow cooked – Pulled turkey with Coca cola
- Preheat the oven 150° C (302°F).
- First rub the turkey with your favorite spice mix.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan with lid.
- Then add the garlic and the onion cut in half.
- Finally pour the BBQ sauce ,water and Coca cola over the turkey breast.
- Cook in the oven for 3 hours (with the lid on).
- Remove the meat from the roasting pan and then shred it using two two forks.
- Drain the broth using a colander.
- Pour the drained broth over the shredded meat.
- Mix until all shredded meat is covered in broth.
Furthermore, you can enjoy the slow-cooked pulled turkey by serving it on soft buns or rolls. In addition, add your favorite coleslaw or pickles for extra crunch and tanginess. Moreover, this delicious dish pairs perfectly with sweet potato fries, roasted vegetables, or a refreshing green salad.
If you liked Slow cooked – Pulled turkey with Coca cola, you may also like: