Viennese-nougat (Wiener-Nougat) is an almond nougat chocolate praline. It melts in your mouth and at the same time you have the crunchiness from the roasted almonds and it is so good. The Finnish company Fazer started producing Wiener-Nougat in 1904, so they have been around for a really long time.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I have been thinking of something that is very easy to find and that is reminiscent of the taste of nougat and that is Nutella. I tried making Viennese-nougat with Nutella and it was … a hit. To make this super simple Viennese-nougat you only need three ingredients.
You will only need 3 ingredients
- Good dark chocolate or milk chocolate, to your liking. You can even mix half dark and half milk chocolate. The choice is yours.
- Sliced almonds
If you have Chocolate nougat you’ll use that instead of Nutella.
How to make it
- Start with roasting the slices almonds. In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat almonds until browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a bain marie (double boiler)*. When chocolate is melted add Nutella and stir until well mixed.
- If you are using nougat let it melt in the chocolate and stir until well blended.
- Add the roasted sliced almonds and mix it with the melted chocolate mixture.
- Cover a 18 x 18 cm ( 7 x 7 in) dish with non-stick parchment paper. Pour the Viennese-nougat mixture into the dish. Allow to cool and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut the Viennese-nougat in small rectangles.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
If you like Viennese-nougat, you may also like :