Seven layer cookie bars must to be one of the easiest things you can bake. There are different layers of goodies and then topped with sweetened condensed milk. These bars will not last long. They are gooey, crispy, sweet and irresistible. These cookie bars are just too good to be true. I like to eat them cold, because they get this chewy texture when cold.
I found this recipe a few years ago and unfortunately I wish I knew who invented these, just to say thank you for a great recipe. This recipe is called seven layers cookie bars, just because it is Seven layers. I added more chocolate to the recipe so maybe my Seven layer cookie bar should be called Nine layer cookie bar instead. Give it a try even if it’s seven or nine layers, I’m sure you’ll love it.
So what are these seven layers …(or nine)
- Digestive cookies or graham crackers finely crumbed.
- Melted butter (that you mix with the cookie crumbs)
- Chocolate – dark, milk and white chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips. You can use caramel chips instead, as I like to do.
- Shredded coconut
- Walnuts chopped
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Then bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into squares. That’s all!
How to store
Store the seven layer cookie bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. But usually they don’t last that long. They are too good!
You can freeze them for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw overnight at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
If you liked Seven Layer Cookie Bars, you may also like: