Spaghetti with cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese is a really good, quick and simple pasta dish made from a few ingredients. Incredibly tasty and perfect for both dinner and lunch.
This dish is my go to when I want to cook something quick and easy. You make creamy pasta dish in less than 15 minutes and it’s mouthwatering. This dish is the reason I always try to have cherry tomatoes at home.
You make the sauce while the spaghetti is cooking. The important thing in this sauce is to use some of the pasta water in the sauce. Adding pasta water can thicken the sauce as long as you let the pasta sauce simmer once you’ve added the pasta water. The salty, starchy water not only gives flavor but helps to glue the pasta and sauce together; it also helps to thicken the sauce.
How to make Spaghetti with cherry tomatoes & Parmesan cheese
- Start by boiling water for the spaghetti.
- Wash and divide the tomatoes in halves.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and pressed garlic. Sauté the garlic
- Add the spaghetti into the lightly salted water. Cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile the spaghetti is cooking.
- Add the divided tomatoes into the pan.
- When the tomatoes start to soften, press them with the spatula so some of the liquid comes out.
- Season with onion powder, black pepper, Piri -Piri (optional), honey and if you like it spicy like I do, some Sriracha sauce.
- Then take some of the spaghetti water and add it to the sauce.
- Chop the basil and add it to the sauce. Then let the sauce simmer for a minute or two.
- Finally add the grated Parmesan cheese and stir it into the sauce. Keep stirring until the Parmesan has melted and the sauce is creamy.
- Strain the spaghetti and transfer it to the pasta sauce.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce and simmer for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add some chopped basil leaves and Parmesan on top and serve.
If you liked Spaghetti with Cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, you may also like: