Filled lemon bomb cookies were made one day when I was playing in the kitchen and trying to create some magic. I wanted to make some soft lemon cookies with sweetened condensed milk, filled with lemon cream cheese filling. And it was a success!
Filled lemon bomb cookies are easy and quick to make. The important step is to bake them on high heat for only 5 minutes so that they become crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
It’s always fun when you are experimenting in the kitchen and hit a jack pot. I hope you love them as much as I do.
How to make stuffed lemon bomb cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 250C
- Chop the white chocolate into chunks.
- Put room temperature butter and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix until fluffy for about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and continue to mix.
- Then add the vanilla extract and grated lemon zest. Continue mixing until well blended.
- Add the flour with baking powder and mix the dough with a rubber spatula
- Finally add the pieces of white chocolate and mix it with the dough.
- Scoop up the dough and place it on parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes at 250C.
Lemon cream cheese filling
- Mix room temperature butter and cream cheese fluffy using a hand mixer.
- Add lemon juice and zest from half a lemon and icing sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Place the cream cheese filling in the refrigerator while the cookies cool.
- When the cookies have cooled, cut the top of each cookie.
- It will look like the cookie is not baked enough in the middle, but that’s exactly how we want it to be.
- Add the cream cheese filling and place on top again.
- Dust the cookies with some icing sugar.
Store them in the refrigerator and take them out 10 minutes before serving so that the filling is soft and creamy.
You can keep them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you liked Filled lemon bomb cookies, you may also like: