Giant pasta shells stuffed with spinach and ricotta topped with parmesan and mozzarella and baked in a tasty marinara sauce. A perfect dinner for any day of the week and the entire family will love these. This dish is great to make ahead and cook later. The stuffed giant pasta shells are also great to reheat, making them a perfect leftover lunch for the next day.
You can also use this ricotta cheese and spinach filling for fresh ravioli, cannelloni and other stuffed pasta types.
How to make Ricotta and spinach stuffed Giant shells:
- Start by making the marinara sauce. You can also use store-bought marinara sauce.
- Cook the pasta shells until al dente (see package cooking time). Drain them and then rinse them under cold tap. Cook an extra couple of giant shells! There are always some shells that break and split, so it’s best to have a few extra just in case.
- Chop the onion and sauté until soft and add then pressed garlic and sauté for one more minute. Put aside.
- Next wilt the fresh spinach in a pan. Squeeze as much water out of the wilted spinach.
- Then add the onion/garlic with the wilted spinach in an electrical chopper and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a bowl add the spinach mixture with ricotta and parmesan cheese and mix until well combined. Add salt and pepper and a few drops of truffle oil (optional). Taste and see if you want to add more truffle oil.
- Pour the marinara sauce into an ovenproof dish. Then fill the giant shell pasta with the filling.
- Place the shells onto the sauce.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan and mozzarella over the shells.
- Loosely cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
If you liked Giant Pasta Shells Stuffed With Spinach And Ricotta you may also like: