Oopsies also known as Cloud bread, is a good substitute for low-carb bread. You can enjoy it as a sandwich or bun for sausages or burgers. This gluten-free, low carb bread is really easy to make. And even if you’re not on a low carb diet it’s still worth a try. You will love the light and bready texture.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You only need 3 ingredients to make Oopsies. This recipe is for 1 serving, but if you want to make a little more, it’s very easy to make. Just remember, for each serving you’ll need 1 egg, 1 tablespoon cream cheese and a pinch of salt.
How to make Oopsies – Low-carb Cloud bread
- Begin by separating the egg whites from the yolk. And place them in various small bowls. Be careful not to break the egg yolk so that it mixes with the egg whites. If you get some egg yolk in the egg white, you will not get the stiff tops of meringue you need to do Oopsies.
- Use a hand mixer* and beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt on high until stiff peaks are formed.
- Mix the egg yolk with cream cheese until smooth texture.
- Then add the egg yolk mixture with the meringue (egg whites) and gently fold using a rubber spatula. Go slowly, so you don’t deflate the egg whites!
- Spoon the egg mixture into round shapes onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Then bake at 150°C (300° F) for 15 -20 minutes or until golden brown.
For optimal taste, enjoy this recipe on the day it’s made. If needed, store in an airtight container or plastic bag in the fridge for up to 3 days. To prevent sticking, use parchment paper between the Oopsies.
If you liked Oopsies- Cloud bread – Low-carb bread, you may also like: