If you’re looking for a tasty and easy-to-make meal, stir-fried noodles with chicken and vegetables are a great choice. This dish is incredibly versatile because you can add any vegetables you like. It’s perfect for any time of the year and offers a delicious combination of flavors and textures. Plus, you can even enjoy it cold, which makes it even more convenient and enjoyable.
Whether it’s a quick lunch, satisfying dinner, or refreshing summer snack, stir-fried noodles with chicken and vegetables are an excellent choice. You can customize this dish to suit your preferences, making it suitable for everyone.
*This post contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I use whatever noodles I have available at home, such as egg noodles, ramen noodles, or even spaghetti. You can pick the type that works best for you. Feel free to personalize your stir-fried dish by selecting the noodles that you prefer.
The sauce is essential for stir-fried noodles with vegetables and eggs. It brings all the flavors together, balancing sweetness and spiciness. It coats the ingredients, creating a delicious blend.
Corn starch is important in the sauce for stir-fried noodles with vegetables and eggs. It helps thicken the sauce, giving it a nice texture and coating the ingredients evenly.
How to make Stir-fried Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables
Sauce, Vegetable, and Chicken Preparation
- Let’s start by making the sauce. Mix low sodium soy sauce *, sesame oil *, Sriracha sauce *, mirin*, garlic powder, honey, corn starch, fish sauce*, Worcestershire sauce* and fresh grated ginger in a small bowl. This sauce adds the perfect balance of sweetness and spiciness.
- Wash the zucchini and peel the carrot. After that, cut both the zucchini and carrot into thin sticks.
- Now, cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a large wok* or skillet over high heat, then add the chicken. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook the chicken until it is fully cooked. Once done, set the cooked chicken aside for later use.
- While the chicken is cooking, boil water for the egg noodles. In a separate bowl, dissolve a chicken stock cube in 500 ml (2 cups) of boiled water.
- Stir-fry the zucchini and carrot sticks for a few minutes, keeping them crunchy. This quick cooking time softens the vegetables slightly while preserving their fresh texture. Set the vegetables aside.
- In the same pan, add a bit more vegetable oil and crack the eggs into it. Scramble the eggs until they’re fully cooked.
- Cook the instant noodles according to the package instructions, reducing the cooking time by 1 minute. Drain the noodles and add them to the wok with the eggs and mix well. Add the stir-fried vegetables, and cooked chicken to the noodles. Mix everything together.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the noodles and mix well. This sauce enhances the taste of every bite, balancing sweetness and spiciness.
- Finally, pour the chicken broth over the dish and let it boil for 1 minute until the sauce thickens. Stir it well.
- Once everything is cooked and combined, transfer the dish to a serving plate. To complete the dish, add a garnish of fresh cilantro and chopped scallions. Finally, sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the top for an extra burst of flavor and crunch.
Toasted sesame seeds
To toast sesame seeds, heat a dry skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds and stir them continuously for a few minutes until they turn golden brown and emit a nutty aroma. Be careful not to burn them. Once toasted, remove the sesame seeds from the heat and let them cool before using.
Next time you want an easy and delicious meal, give this recipe a try. With simple ingredients, quick preparation, and a burst of flavors, these stir-fried noodles will soon become a household favorite.
If you liked Stir-fried Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables, you may also like: