Ground Beef Tacos are delicious and so easy to make. You can combine pretty much anything with your tacos – here only the imagination sets limits to how creative you can be.
This traditional Mexican dish is filled with well-seasoned beef tacos. You can wrap it in soft flour tortillas, crispy taco shells or even deep-fried soft tortillas. Then top it with tomatoes, corn and cheese. Finally garnish with fresh cilantro, sour cream, tomato salsa and freshly squeezed lime juice for the best balance of flavors. It is tasty, creamy, spicy and fresh.
A taco dinner is just as perfect as a family dinner as it is for dinner with friends. Just cook the meat and serve this buffet so that guests can get the toppings they want.
How to make Ground Beef Taco
- Brown 500 gram (1 pound) ground meat over medium heat until no pink remains.
- Add taco seasoning. You can use store-bought but I really recommend you to use some Homemade Taco Seasoning. Mix the seasoning into the minced meat while stirring . Add 100 ml (1/2 Cup) water and let it simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- If you want to fry soft flour tortillas. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet. Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding a tortilla. Fry the tortilla for a few seconds on both sides until it get golden brown. Then take the fried tortilla out of the oil, fold it in half, holding in place with the tongs and let drain on paper towels. Keep the fried shells on the wire rack in a low oven to keep them warm and crispy until dinnertime.
- Wrap it in soft flour tortilla or taco shells, just heat them according to the package instructions.
- Assemble the tacos by adding 3 tablespoons of the ground beef mixture on each tortilla. Top with cheese, corn, tomato. Garnish with sour cream/Greek yoghurt , hot tomato salsa, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
If you liked Ground Beef taco, you may also like: