Grilled Salmon with Avocado and Tomato Salsa is not only a healthy dish but also really tasty. There are so many recipes for salmon, but this recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes and it’s delicious.
It’s a dish with plenty of healthy fats from both the salmon and the avocado.
- Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet.
- Salmon are great sources of many important nutrients, including selenium, phosphorus and B vitamins.
- It’s also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, a type of heart-healthy fat that can reduce inflammation and support brain health.
- In addition, salmon is rich in vitamin B12, which is necessary for producing red blood cells and regulating the health of the central nervous system.
- Avocados are Rich in nutrients and are a source of vitamins C, E, K, and B6 beta carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Avocados contain high levels of healthy, beneficial fats, which can help a person feel fuller between meals. Eating fat slows the breakdown of carbohydrates, which helps keep blood sugar levels stable.
- Avocados are also high in fibers.
- Tomatoes provide important antioxidants and are a good source of several vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K1, vitamin B9.
So, after reading some of the health benefits of this dish, let’s cook it!
How to Make Grilled Salmon with Avocado and Tomato Salsa
- You can use fresh or frozen salmon fillets. The fillets should be at room temperature to ensure even cooking.
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Brush a non-stick grill pan with olive oil.
- Start cooking the salmon skin side down. It’s easier to flip the fish when the skin is down because the meat is delicate.
- Cook the salmon on a medium/high heat: 4-5 minutes on the first side until it is covered or adjust the time depending on the thickness of the salmon. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on the other side. Be careful not to overcook the salmon or it will become dry.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the tomato salsa.
- Dice the tomatoes and chop the cilantro. If you don’t like cilantro, you can substitute it for parsley.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the diced tomatoes and the chopped cilantro to the dressing.
- Peel and slice the avocado.
- When the salmon is cooked, place it on a plate and then put the avocado on top of the salmon and finally add the tomato salsa over the avocado and around the salmon.
If you liked Grilled salmon with avocado and tomato salsa, you may also like: