Enjoy the delightful taste of homemade lemon-flavored cheesecake ice cream. It’s a yummy, light treat that brings the freshness of summer to mind. The best part? You can make it weeks before serving. That is, if you can resist digging in! It’s sweet, but not overly so, with a lovely lemon flavor. This cheesecake ice cream is a summer favorite for the whole family. It’s made with Crème fraiche – yes, you read that right. Now that I’ve learned to make my own Crème fraiche, I can create all my favorite dishes with this incredible ingredient.
How to make Lemon-flavored Cheesecake Ice cream
It takes about 30 minutes to make it. Then you put it in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours. You need 3 different bowls to mix this. Don’t let it scare you away! It’s actually really easy to make this. Just follow the steps and you have your own cheesecake ice-cream with lemon flavour.
- Bowl 1: Beat the egg whites until firm. You need to use an electric portable or stand mixer to beat the egg whites. An old trick is to turn the bowl upside down. When the egg whites have been beaten, the foam should remain in the bowl. Be careful not to have any egg yolk mixed with the egg white. Don’t use the white if it contains any trace of yolk.
- Bowl 2 : Mix heavy cream until stiff peaks form to make whipped cream. I used vegetable-based cream for whipping.
- Bowl 3: Whisk Egg yolk, sugar, crème fraiche, lemon juice, lemon zest and Vanilla.
- Pour bowl 2 into bowl 3. Mix the ingredients with a rubber spatula carefully, not to loose the fluffiness in the whipped cream. Last turn bowl 1 into the cream/egg mixture (bowl 3). Blend carefully again so you don’t loose the fluffiness from the egg whites.
- Now crush the Digestive cookies and you’re good to go.
If you liked Lemon-flavored Cheesecake Ice cream, you may also like: