You will love Swirl muffins with different fillings! These muffins are so easy and fun to make. Each muffin can have its own flavour because you can use whatever marmalade you have at home . You can even use Nutella or lemon curd as a filling. You can also experiment, for example, mix Nutella with raspberry marmalade or come up with your own mixes. Just make a batch and try to find your favorite flavour in your Swirl muffins.
I used to make swirl muffins with Nutella. Once I had some homemade lemon curd in the refrigerator, so I tried it as a filling and loved it. So from that day on, when I make a batch of swirl muffins, I try use different marmalades. But I still always make some with Nutella because it’s my kids’ favorite.
These muffins are super easy to make and you can enjoy them in no time. It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
How to make swirl muffins with different fillings
- Place cup cake liners in a muffin tins.
- Preheat oven 220C(425F)
- In a bowl whisk room temperature butter, sunflower oil sugar and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- Add one egg at a time and whisk in between
- Next add the dry ingredient to the butter / oil mixture and stir until well blended but be careful not to over mix it.
- Then fill the muffin tins up to 2/3 with the batter.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of your filling in the center of each mound of batter.
- Finally, use a bamboo skewer and swirl the filling into each muffin in a circular motion.
- Bake at 220C (425F) for 5 minutes and then lower the heat to 175C (350F) for about 15-18 minutes.
- You can test if the muffin is ready with a bamboo skewer or toothpick.
- Remove the muffins from the cupcake liner and allow to cool for 5 minutes
Serve and enjoy!
If you liked swirl muffins with different fillings, you may also like: