Have you heard of a pickled Three-week salad? The three-week salad is a raw food salad with cabbage as the main ingredient. You could say that it is a combination of Swedish pizza salad and raw food salad. This pickled salad is the perfect salad that stays in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. And it gets better the longer it’s allowed to stand.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Convenient and Fresh
In the midst of our busy lives, there are instances when we overlook the preparation of salads for our meals. Enter the Three-week salad – a solution that transforms the way we approach our daily diet. With this salad, you can ensure that you always have a fresh and vibrant option on hand. This makes it an especially appealing choice for families seeking both health and convenience, as it eliminates the hassle of daily salad preparation.
This is how we make the Three-week salad
- Use a mandolin to finely shred the white cabbage, red cabbage and peppers. Then roughly grate the carrots and finely chop the onion finely.
- Add vinegar, olive oil, sugar, herbs, salt and pepper in a saucepan and bring it to boil until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the dressing is prepared, pour the hot dressing over the vegetables and ensure they’re thoroughly coated.
- Store in a 1 litre (33,8 oz) air tight glass jar.
- Be sure to use clean tongs or a fork when taking salad from the jar. So that bacteria don’t get into the salad and start to grow.
- Leave the salad in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, preferably 24 hours or more before serving.
If you like the Pickled Three-week salad you may also like: