Mediterranean lentil salad is a filling, healthy salad. It’s perfect for lunch, as a side dish or as a vegetarian main dish. These tiny legumes are protein and fiber powerhouses, they’re easy to cook, and they have a delicious earthy flavor that adds to all sorts of dishes.
This Mediterranean lentil salad is super simple to make, it’s refreshing, light but at the same time filling. It’s loaded with Greek flavors and health benefits. You can prepare all of the ingredients while the lentils cook.
How to make Mediterranean lentil salad
- Rinse the lentils. On occasion, you’ll find small rocks or debris mixed in with dried lentils. To avoid eating them, rinse the lentils in a fine mesh sieve and pick them over before you cook them.
- In a medium sauce pan add 1 cup of lentils with 2 cups of water and a bullion stock cube (chicken or vegetable)
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until lentils are tender but not mushy, about 16 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile the lentils are cooking dice the vegetables and chop the onion and parsley. Peel and remove the seeds from the cucumber before dicing it.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drain lentils and let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, put the cooked lentils, the diced vegetables, the chopped parsley and finish by crumbling over the feta cheese. Pour the dressing over it.
- Finally toss to combine and serve at room temperature or chilled.
You can store this salad in a air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you liked Mediterranean lentil salad, you may also like: