Have you tried Quiche Lorraine with smoked turkey? A classic French Quiche Lorraine contains both bacon, whipping cream and a Gruyere cheese. Here you have a variant of the classic with tasty smoked turkey and simple cheese. Perfect to make with standard base ingredients that are usually found in all our refrigerators. The pie is excellent for lunch or as a lighter dining option.
There are so many different types of quiches you can make, but first you have to know how to make the basic pie crust. You can use store-bought, but homemade pie crust is so easy to make with just some flour, butter, salt and a dash of water.
With this basic recipe for the pie crust, you can choose what you want to fill it with. And then finish with an egg and milk cream mixture. You can make salmon / broccoli pie, minced beef taco pie or a pie with different kinds of cheeses. There are as many different pies as you can make. Look inside your refrigerator and decide what will be today’s pie.
How to make the pie crust
- Really cold butter and ice-cold water make the pie crust extra crispy.
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Pinch together flour and butter by hand or mix in a food processor to a crumbly mass.
- Add the cold water and mix quickly to a dough. Press the dough into a pie tin (approx. 25-28 cm (9,5-11 inch) in diameter). Notch the bottom with a fork.
- Let the pie crust rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before use.
- Cover the pie dough edge with foil! When you pre-baked the pie crust, there is a risk that the top edge will be overbaked towards the end of the baking. Tear out a narrow strip of aluminum foil and cover the edge to prevent the pie dough from burning at the top.
- Preheat oven to 200° C (392° F). Pre-bake the pie crust in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes.
Whisk the eggs with milk and whipping cream. Add salt and pepper and some nutmeg.
Dice the smoked turkey and cheese.
Place it in the baked pre-baked pie crust and pour the egg mixture over it.
Bake for 30 minutes at 200° C.
Serve the Quiche Lorraine with smoked turkey with a fresh salad .
If you liked Quiche Lorraine with Smoked Turkey, you may also like: